16 October 2013

Dinner out with Friends

On Saturday night we went out to dinner with Rosie and her husband.  This was our first time going out as a couple with another couple (aside from when we have family or friends visiting).

I was excited, but my expectations weren't too high.  It's rare to find a couple where you like both the husband and the wife, but we did!  We had a great time!  Rosie is charming and engaging and super sweet.  Her husband is fun and engaging and really fun to be around.  We were so pleased.

Now we get to hang out with them all the time, right?  We can have them over for dinner and they can have us over.  Our girls can grow up together and we can go camping together and SuperBowl parties at each other's houses* and be best friends......... I wish.

The thing is, when you find people here that you really like and you really want to hang out with them more often, they usually have tons of friends already.  Anyone who has really taken me under their wing since I've moved here has done it because they're friendly and are nice to new people.  People like that usually have pretty busy social calendars.  We planned this dinner 3-4 weeks in advance.  It probably won't happen again anytime soon... BUT we had a great time and we're encouraged that there are some people out there that we can hang out with if we coordinate with them far enough in advance. :)

*They don't watch the SuperBowl here.  That is just what I have always thought of as one of the funnest things ever.  I LOVE SuperBowl parties!

2 comments:

  1. I vote you move closer to us, and our girls can grow up together. I can work on being more engaging. Jason, not so much. :) I will throw you a Super Bowl party every year (and I hate football and Super Bowl, so that's love!) and I'll bake you cupcakes on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this MONTHS after you wrote it! I actually am catching up on months of your blog! It slipped off my radar when I knew you had become so busy after Violet's birth! I'm so impressed that you're still blogging with all the other activities going on! :) Later today (it's 12:32 AM on Super Bowl Sunday) we will have a small Super Bowl party of our own. We will be thinking of you madly packing up your stuff, as you are tending the girls AND showing your house to prospective renters. You will be back in the USA in less than a week! I know you're so excited to come back, but I also know you'll really miss many of the aspects you have LOVED about England, and of course those PRECIOUS people that you will always cherish!! You've been a trooper, Darcy, and I'm very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete