06 March 2014

Heading Home

We are in the car on the way to the airport hotel. We fly out in the morning. I should be gazing upon the sights of London one last time but instead I am crying and typing a blog post on my iPhone. 

We have been back for three weeks and pulled it all off on that time. It has been crazy. I cried once when I told my prayer group. That was it until today. I picked up Vivian from nursery and watched her say goodbye to her sweet little friend Ivan. She gave him a hug and a kiss goodbye. He said she was going on an aeroplane for a long time. I lost it. I really had a hard time maintaining composure. They are so sweet with each other and love each other so much. I cried because I was sad for them. My heart hurt because it is sad to lose a friend like that forever. I have made good friends here, but none like Vivian and Ivan. Then tonight we left in the cab. Rosemary is a neighbour who was in my prayer group and is one of the most wonderful people I have ever known. She was quite upset we are leaving but offered her house as a staging area for our 18 pieces of luggage. As we pulled away she said he would have a good cry. I started crying again. 

London has been good for us I am sure. It has strengthened the bond between Mark and me. We have supported each other through difficult times and he has demonstrated his love an support through what has undoubtedly been the hardest patch in my life (lucky me to have a pretty easy life). 

I have also worked hard to make friends and build a community here. I have succeeded.  There are things I have learned that I don't even realize yet. I am so excited to be going home but this has been good I know.

I have to publish this now so it doesn't get deleted and Violet is crying but I will finish it later...

No comments:

Post a Comment